Juliet Namirembe is a Senior Tax Associate in the firm. She works on tax matters for our clients combining a knowledge of tax law and accounting experience. Her practical experience and her deep knowledge of financial management have assisted in providing practical solutions to our clients.
Senior Tax Associate
- Assisted in the objection of an assessment by URA of over UGX 400 million arising from purported non- payment of WHT on management fees by a not for profit organisation Goal Uganda;
- Assisted in the tax planning for the following clients in regards to their establishment in the country: JSI RHITES; Yunus Social Business and Goal Uganda.
- Assisted in advising on the tax implications resulting from the corporate restructure of an international organisation;
- Assisted in reviewing of data and information of an international organisation for a WHT and PAYE assessment of UGX 200 Million and assisted in the voluntary disclosure of the same to URA;
- Assisted in data collection used in report writing for the following clients in regards to their tax health checks: Medical Teams International and John Snow research & Training;
- Assisted in reviewing and filing tax returns for the following clients on a monthly and annual basis to URA: Peripheral Vision International, ZOA international and Handicap international;
- Assisted in Offering on a need to know basis, general and specific guidance on tax matters regarding Value Added Tax, Individual Income Tax, Corporate Income Tax, Pay As You Earn (PAYE), Withholding Taxes, Customs Duties and Excise levies; and, to the following clients, War child Canada, ZOA international, Yunus social Business and Cozy Uganda Limited;
- Assisted in the tax health check process for an international organisation which revealed a tax liability exposure of over UGX 350 million. (2018);
- Assisted in data collection used in report writing for the following clients in regards to their tax health checks: Cozy Uganda Limited; John Snow research & Training; and Goal International
- Assisted in making tax objections for the following clients on estimated or additional assessments raised by the URA: Elitebet Bookmakers Limited; Goal Uganda; Samta Mines and Minerals; and, JSI SPRING Project;
- Assisted in reviewing and filing tax returns for the following clients on a monthly and annual basis to URA: Yunus Social Business; Wildlife Conservation Society; International Centre for Transitional Justice; War Child Holland; JSI SPRING Project, and ZOA
- Assisted in reviewing, updating and amending of e-tax details for the following clients to bring their records up to date with URA requirements;
- Liaised with the tax administration on behalf of the Client in pursuit of guidance on general tax matters and any other matters that the URA may raise regarding the Client’s tax position for clients like Elitebet Bookmarkers Limited, Trocaire, Party House among others;
- Assisted in guiding the legal team about transfer pricing in matter between URA and Bondo Tea Estate;
- Provide guidance on the Client’s rights and obligations under the tax laws, including tax compliance requirements, return filing and tax payments and objections;
- Offer on a need to know basis, general and specific guidance on tax matters regarding Value Added Tax, Individual Income Tax, Corporate Income Tax, Pay As You Earn (PAYE), Withholding Taxes, Customs Duties and Excise levies; and,
- Assisted clients in the management of NSSF and Tax Audits done by the respective regulatory authorities;
- Managing the Payroll system in regards to commissions, allowances, deductions NSSF and PAYE Returns;
- Preparation of pitch documents to possible clients.
Education & Professional Qualifications:
- Makerere University, Bachelor of Laws
- Law Development Centre, Post-Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
Juliet Namirembe works on tax matters for TASLAF Advocates’ clients combining a knowledge of tax law and accounting experience.
TASLAF Practice Areas
Blended Legal & Tax Services