Education & Professional Qualifications:
- Makerere University, Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda, Completed Financial Accounting and Taxation modules.
Joseph Byaruhanga is a Tax Consultant with a plethora of experience in the fields of Tax, Finance and Accounting. He has been part of the Tax Consulting team at Grant Thornton Uganda, as well as having lead Finance teams in the retail and hospitality sector.
His 13 years of experience in Tax Consulting, Finance and Accounting has given him
a wide and in-depth knowledge of the commercial and regulatory landscape in the country which enables him to offer valuable insight and advice for our clients.
He has qualifications with ACCA and has a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administrations, where he graduated Summa Cum Laude at the very top of his class at the Uganda Christian University.
- Tax Audit spanning 5 years for the Zenitaka- Hyundai Joint Venture. The contractor of the New Nile Jinja Bridge in a project valued at over USD$100 million. With subsequest management of the Tax Objection process for Hyundai Engineering and Construction Company Limited – Uganda Branch
- Tax Audit of Africa EMS Mpanga, a contractor and operator of Hydro Electric Power Dams in western Uganda and subsequent Management of Objection procedures.
- Tax Audit of Ambitious Construction Limited, a contractor with several public infrastructure projects subsequent Management of Objection procedures.
- Provided Tax Consultancy Services to Sino- Hydro Corporation Limited the contractor of the Karuma Hydro Electric Dam project for the aid-funded Kampala Flyover construction project.
- Provided Tax Consultancy Services to Shimizu Konoike Joint Venture for the aid-funded Kampala Flyover construction project.
- Provided Tax Consultancy Services to Keisoku Giken Uganda Branch a subcontractor for various infrastructure projects.
- Provided Tax Consultancy Services and Financial Advisory services to NARI Group Corporation a contractor in various aid- funded electrical infrastructure projects.
- Management of a Returns Examination for Jade E Services – trading as Jumia Uganda.
- Tax Health Check for five year periods: New Forests Company, the largest single commercial forestry project in the country
- Tax Health Check for five year periods Promaco Limited, a multinational Dairy Industry
- Tax Health Check for five year periods for Research and Education Network Uganda, a not-for-profit National Research and Education Network (NREN) that offers affordable access to information and communications technology for various strategic institutions in education, the public sector and the private sector.